Royal Queensland Golf Course is known as one of the best presented courses in the country, and you are asked to observe the following requirements to ensure that this remains so.
- Golf shoes with soft spikes MUST be worn
- Players MUST carry sand buckets and repair all divot holes with sand
- Bunkers MUST be raked. Please leave the rake outside of the bunker with the handle lying parallel to the line of play
- Pitch marks on greens MUST be repaired
- Pull Buggies may be taken across greens
10 Minutes to a Better Course
To assist with the course being presented immaculately, Royal Queensland Golf Club recommends viewing the provided informational videos.
To play a video, click on the title of your choice to the left.
Each video is 2-3 minutes in duration.
Before leaving a bunker, the player should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints made by him, and then leave the rake with the handle pointing towards the tee of the hole being played.
1. Always enter the bunker at the lowest point.
2. Pull rake toward you as you exit the bunker.
3. If necessary, rake other affected areas.
4. Do not pile sand at the edge of the bunker. Push back excess
Bunker Rake Policy
Always leave the rake outside the bunker, with the handle parallel to the line of flight of the hole being played. Rakes should be placed near the bunker edge in the position that has the least potential to affect play.
1. Always start at the back of the mark and push forward with the
2. Use repairer around the sides and ease turf toward the centre
of the mark. Do not lift the soil upwards.
3. Lightly tap down with putter.
1. Remove any loose turf from the affected area.
2. Fill the divot hole with sand. Do not overfill.
Damage to Greens
Flagsticks, Bags etc.
Players should ensure that, when putting down bags, or the flagstick, no damage is done to the putting green, and that neither they nor their caddies damage the hole by standing close to it while handling the flagstick, or in removing the ball from the hole. The flagstick should be properly replaced in the hole before the players leave the putting green.
Handling the flag
1. Don’t drop the flagstick on the putting surface as it will cause
2. Always lower the flagstick by club or by hand.
3. Avoid damage to surrounds by placing the flagstick directly into
the centre of the cup.
Removing the ball
1. Players are requested to avoid using a putter to remove the golf ball from the hole.
Motorised Golf Carts
Royal Queensland is primarily a “walking” course, although a limited number of motorised golf carts are available for hire. A medical certificate IS required if a Member or Visitor is playing in a Club Competition.
Players using MOTORISED GOLF CARTS must abide by the rules set down covering their use as follows:
- Carts must always be driven with due consideration for other players
- Carts must not travel within five metres of the green or tees, or between bunkers and greens under any circumstances
- No more than two persons may ride in a cart at any one time
- Children under the age of sixteen years are NOT permitted to drive carts
- The utmost consideration must be given to the preservation of turf. KEEP OFF wet areas. KEEP OFF areas which have already been damaged by wear. KEEP OFF areas subject to heavy traffic between greens and adjoining tees
CART DRIVERS WHO DO NOT COMPLY STRICTLY WITH THE RULES WILL BE LIABLE TO HAVE PERMISSION TO USE CARTS REVOKED.